We’re 90 percent ready to resume — FG

Abuja-Kaduna Train: We?re 90 percent ready to resume ? FG

The federal government says it is 90 percent ready to resume the Abuja-Kaduna train services.


Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Jaji Sambo, revealed this to journalists at the Rigasa train Terminal, in Kaduna shortly after a brief inspection of the Abuja, Idu train station and the Rigasa, Kaduna Terminal on Sunday,  November 27.

He revealed certain security measures have been taken to ensure protection of lives and properties of Abuja-Kaduna train passengers.


He disclosed that the number of daily trips would be reduced, and the use of National Identity Number would be strictly requested as part of strategies to secure passengers.

He added that the Ministry in partnership with the NRC and other bodies would begin profiling of all train subscribers while also increasing the number of security personnel and deployment of hi-tech security apparatus to boost security.


Sambo said: “I think we are 90 per cent ready as far as what we are set out to do is concerned. The remaining 10 per cent I am sure would be achieved in the next couple of days for full resumption of train services.


“My assurance to Nigerians is that even I myself will be using the train, and other of my counterparts who have homes in Kaduna, in fact from next week they will start using this train so I am giving Nigerians full assurance that a human being can give that this train is safe for them to be used.


“There is absolutely nothing to fear. We have learnt from what has happened and life is about learning lessons and adopting measures with the lessons. As a responsible government, we have seen those lessons and we have devised appropriate measures to counter it, and like I always say that I was not going to allow this train to resume until everybody in captivity was released and to the glory of God, I have achieved that.


Source link

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.